Information in English
National Office for Health Service Appeals is a government agency subject to the Ministry of Health and Care Services.
The Office was founded January 1st 2016 and is located in Bergen.
Director: Rose-Marie Christiansen
Organization number: 984 936 966
We process appeals from nine first instances
- Civil Aviation Authority Norway
- County Governor
- Norwegian Board of Health Supervision
- Norwegian Directorate of Health
- Norwegian Health Economics Administration
- Norwegian Medicines Agency
- Norwegian System of Patient Injury Compensation
- Oslo University Hospital
- Regional Health Authorities
We prepare cases for five independent boards
- The National Board for Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis
- The Norwegian Appeal Board for Health Personnel
- The Norwegian Governmental Appeal Board Regarding Medical Treatment Abroad
- The Norwegian Pharmacy Appeal Board
- The Patients' Injury Compensation Board
We process applications for PGD
The National Office for Health Service Appeals is the first instance for applications for preimplantation genetic diagnosis (PGD).
We conduct trials
When legal proceedings are taken against the government represented by the Patients’ Injury Compensation Board, our legal proceedings department is in charge of litigation.