Information in English
National Office for Health Service Appeals is a government agency subject to the Norwegian Ministry of Health and Care Services. The Office was founded 1 January 2016 and is located in Bergen.
Director: Rose-Marie Christiansen
Organization number: 984 936 966
We are processing appeals from nine agencies
- Civil Aviation Authority Norway
- County Governor
- Norwegian Board of Health Supervision
- Norwegian Directorate of Health
- Norwegian Health Economics Administration
- Norwegian Medicines Agency
- Norwegian System of Patient Injury Compensation
- Oslo University Hospital
- Regional Health Authorities
Appeals must be sent to the same agency that made the decision in your case. The Agency reviews the appeal and considers whether the decision should be overturned or upheld. If the decision is upheld, the appeal is sent to us for a new legal assessment. You cannot send the appeal directly to us.
We are secretariat for five independent boards
- The National Board for Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (applications)
- The Norwegian Appeal Board for Health Personnel
- The Norwegian Governmental Appeal Board Regarding Medical Treatment Abroad
- The Norwegian Pharmacy Appeal Board
- The Patients' Injury Compensation Board
To be a secretariat means that we receive and prepare cases for the board. In some patient injury cases the secretariat can reach a decision according to delegated authority from the Patients' Injury Compensation Board.
We prosecute cases
If legal actions are taken against the government represented by the Patients’ Injury Compensation Board, our legal department will prosecute the case. The Office of the Attorney General prosecutes the other cases.